1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I ended up on the hospital. [Free healthcare ups and downs]

Discussion in 'Nyx's Corner' started by Nyx, March 20, 2016.

By Nyx on March 20, 2016 at 10:49 PM
  1. Nyx

Nyx Über Kitty Staff Member

August 20, 2013
    Ratings:
    +38 / 2 / -0
    Admin Post
    Hi there, I'm in no way slacking our healthcare system right now, but that being said, seeing that they aren't paid by us but rather by a quote from the government, can stuff sometimes go into (I'm guessing) more a question of filling the quotas than taking proper care of your patients.

I've had 3 different doctors through the last couple of years, and all of them have been sweet, nothing is wrong there, but I've also been to them alot of times Mainly due to breathing issues, and I'm always told "You're just breathing wrong" <_<

Honestly as a side-note, I don't think that should be a doctors first assessment, but that being said even around 3 weeks back did I come to the doctor wheezing and I could just not breathe ( rather I had a extremely hard time doing so ) I was literally giving weird noises every time I tried to get air, and the doctor just looked at me for 3 minutes, told me I had an influenza and to go home and lie down because there was nothing she could do, I eventually got trough it and it got better.

but now skip a couple of weeks forward and it returned with a vengeance , apparently had I gotten a virus on my lungs which in itself isn't that bad a thing, but mix it with astma and it's suddenly nothing fun, but after calling an doctor to my new apartment ( I just moved ) was I immediately transferred to the hospital, it should be noted I moved to a new town with new doctors and such.

upload_2016-3-23_23-27-27.

This was in no way a fun experience and the doctors couldn't believe I hadn't been diagnosed with Astma, which would make alot of sense, I was released later same day with a bunch of Astma medicine and I'll be honest, it did wonders and I haven't had issues since ( it's only been a week, but still) I went from barely even being able to breathe with alot of fighting to "normal" breath in a day, If Just the doctors where I lived before had acted would had saved me alot of "pain" not being able to breathe is a really disgusting feeling to be honest.

that being said, what I kinda wanted to highlight is, I actually did get my treatment but it have taken waaay too long, kinda, It never happened in my old city but took exactly 1 day after I moved, so I dunno if it's good or bad, I guess just be aware if you live a bit outsides that the doctors might not be bothering as much as if you had lived in a city.

Sorry for this awfull read but I just felt like I wanted to share my experience
    The Danish medical system does work, but it's not perfect, and the further you're away from the citys apparently the ..... worse quality can you expect their checkups to be.

Last edited: March 23, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'Nyx's Corner' started by Nyx, March 20, 2016.